The Kinsale Small Business Division concentrates on smaller risks with an emphasis on contractors and OL&T/premises related exposures. We offer our Brokers an alternative to their traditional binding authority markets by providing rapid turnaround time and a broader risk appetite than those markets. Submissions are generally reviewed and quoted within four hours. We define a small risk as having revenue under $2,500,000, apartments less than 200 units, area under 100,000 square feet, buildings less than 200,000 square feet and vacant land less than 1,500 acres. A business that does not fit our Small Business Casualty definition is sent the same day to the appropriate Kinsale underwriting division.
Contractors (General Contractors and Artisan Trade Contractors):
- Primary classes written include Carpentry, Concrete, Demolition, Dry Wall, Electricians, Excavation/Grading of Land, HVAC, Metal Erection, Painting, Plastering/EIFS/Stucco, Swimming Pool Installation and Truckers. Many other classes also considered.
EXCEPTIONS: Equipment Rental, Fireplace Installation, Fire Suppression and Horizontal Boring. Premium Range: $1,550 to $15,000. Premises Operations (OL&T):
- Nearly 200 classes eligible: Primary classes include: Apartments, Condo Owners Associations, Consultants, Hotels, LRO, Mobile Home Parks, Parking, facilities/events, clubs, habitational, hotel/motel, Office Premises, Restaurants, Shopping Centers, Real Estate Development Property, Vacant Buildings and Land.
EXCEPTIONS: Fraternity Housing, Inflatables, Property Managers and Staffing Firms. Premium Range: $800 to $7,500.
- 10,000,000 Excess Capacity available through Kinsale Excess Casualty Division;
- Commercial General Liability;
- Owners Contractors Protective Liability;
- ISO Occurrence Coverage Form;
- Deductibles $0 to $5,000.
- ACORD Commercial Liability Insurance Application and General Liability Application;
- Supplemental Application, where appropriate;
- Loss History. Five Years of Hard Copy Loss Runs;
- Website Information.
Stuart Winston, Vice President
John Shumadine, Vice President Underwriting
Allison Unowitz, Product Manager
Caroline Stickell, Product Manager
Hunter Curle, Product Manager
Kyle Flynn, Product Manager
Brandon Miller, Underwriter
Caitlin McMillan, Underwriter
Carley Wessler, Underwriter
Kevin Kefalas, Underwriter
Michele Weiss, Underwriter
Natalie Lawson, Underwriter
Steven Londono, Underwriter
Ben Manspile, Associate Underwriter
Bradley Jenkins, Associate Underwriter
Chelsea Smith, Associate Underwriter
Dustin Massey, Associate Underwriter
Ian Patterson, Associate Underwriter
Jess Stone, Associate Underwriter
Joe Farrell, Associate Underwriter
Ryan Glasscott, Associate Underwriter
Ryan McLasky, Associate Underwriter
Sam Fortune, Associate Underwriter
- Professional Lines