Kinsale’s Professional Liability Division writes small-to-medium sized hard-to-place and/or distressed Non-Medical Professional Liability risks. Our leading classes are Architects & Engineers, Lawyers and Miscellaneous Professional. We target surplus lines risks that have been non-renewed, are in difficult legal venues, have poor loss history, have unique operational characteristics or that are new in business. We can customize and manuscript coverage wording to fit your client’s needs. Kinsale has an A.M. Best Rating of A- VIII.
Accountants: Small to mid-size firms, including solo Practitioners.
- Business valuation;
- Forensic accounting;
- Litigation support services;
- Private and public auditing;
- Projections & forecasts.
Architects & Engineers:
- Aerospace/Aviation Engineers;
- Construction Management;
- Geotechnical Engineers;
- Process Engineers;
- Structural Engineers.
Note: Professional Liability/General Liability Policies Available. Contingent Pollution Coverage Included. Risk Management Contract Review Hotline Available. Financial Planners: Small to mid-size firms, including solo Practitioners.
- Alternative investment vehicles;
- Discretionary asset management;
- Life/health/annuities placements coverage included;
- Solicitors for third party money managers;
- Unregistered/unlicensed professionals.
Insurance Agents: Retail/Wholesale Agents and Brokers to include MGAs/MGUs and Program Administrators.
- Aviation Insurance;
- Crop Insurance;
- Life/Health/Accident Insurance;
- Long Haul Trucking Insurance.
Law Firms: Small to mid-size firms, including solo Practitioners.
- Class Action/Mass Tort;
- Intellectual Property, including patent law;
- International Law;
- Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate practices;
- Plaintiff Litigation;
- Securities Law.
Note: Risk Management Contract Review Hotline Available. Miscellaneous Professional:
- Actuarial Consultants;
- Cannabis related risks;
- Crane inspectors;
- Mergers & Acquisitions consultants;
- OSHA Compliance/Safety consultants.
Note: Contingent Bodily Injury/Property Damage available. Real Estate Related:
- Business brokers;
- Mortgage brokers;
- Property managers;
- Residential and Commercial sales and leasing.
Note: Coverage available for owned Properties. Excess:
- Available over all PL classes of business;
- $10,000,000 limit capacity (primary or excess);
- Broader underwriting appetite, including clean/standard risks;
- Aggregate-Only excess;
- Project or Client Specific excess;
- Top heavy excess.
- Claims-made and reported coverage form (Note: Prior acts coverage considered on most accounts with current coverage in place);
- Customized coverage. Based on the account, available endorsements include aggregate deductibles, contingent bodily injury and property damage, copyright and trademark infringement, defense outside the limits, libel & slander or full personal injury coverage, punitive damages and extended reporting period options up to 36 months with the premium quoted upfront. We can also manuscript endorsements to tailor coverage to an account.
- Kinsale Professional Liability Application preferred but we will underwrite off non-Kinsale applications if all necessary underwriting information is provided; Supplemental Applications where appropriate (Both signed and dated by the Insured when bound);
- Five Year currently valued company loss runs
- Copy of expiring Dec Page required upon binding (if quoted with prior acts).
Patrick Dalton, Vice President
Erik Knauer, Assistant Vice President
Jon Gutleber, Territory Manager
Catherine Gall, Senior Underwriter
Fletcher Rowe, Senior Underwriter
Gabby Duke, Associate Underwriter
Kelsey Bridges, Associate Underwriter
- Professional Lines