Kinsale’s Environmental Division provides coverage to companies whose operations or products have or could impact the environment. Whether the exposure is operational or premises, contingent or contractual, Kinsale offers a variety of solutions. Our products include Environmental Contractors General and Pollution Liability coverages, Contractors Pollution Liability for non-environmental firms, General and Products Liability coverage for manufacturing firms including Products Pollution Coverage, Pollution Legal Liability and Dry Cleaners Pollution Liability.
- Lead and asbestos abatement contractors;
- Mold remediation contractors;
- Industrial maintenance and cleaning contractors;
- Environmental response, remediation and restoration contractors;
- Fire, smoke, water and disaster response contractors.
- Waterproofing contractors;
- Pest control contractors as well as the manufacturers and distributors of the pest control chemicals;
- Manufacturers and distributors of chemicals, coatings, fertilizer, fireworks, lubricants, oils, paints, soaps, and many others considered;
- Fuel haulers and hazardous waste transportation;
- Environmental products including: drums and barrels, landfill liners, liners, remediation equipment pumps, valves, etc;
- Products Pollution and Limited Product Recall Expense available by endorsement;
- Claims-made and Occurrence available
Minimum premium $2,500.
Environmental Combined Policy Form:
- Available for most classes
- Can be written standalone or with the GL;
- Claims-made and Occurrence available;
- CPL, Mold Liability, limited Site Pollution, TPL, NODS, and Professional coverage available by endorsement for both environmental and non-environmental contractors.
Minimum premium $1,500.
Products Pollution Liability:
- Coverage can be provided for most classes;
- Coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and clean-up costs available;
- Claims-made and Occurrence available.
Minimum premium $1,500.
Pollution Legal Liability (PLL):
- Claims-made and reported;
- Location specific;
- Covers on-site and off-site pollution;
- Options for both new and pre-existing conditions;
Minimum premium: $1,500.
Dry Cleaner Site Pollution:
- Locations with active dry cleaning machines that are third generation or newer;
- Location, machine and solvent specific;
- Covers on site cleanup and third party bodily injury and property damage;
- Most dry cleaning solvents considered;
Minimum premium: $2,500.
- $10,000,000 Excess Capacity available through Kinsale Excess Casualty Division;
- High primary limits available;
- Combined form of GL and various Environmental coverages available;
- Products pollution either standalone or included in the GL;
- Environmental Combined Policy form with six (6) different coverage parts that can be mixed and matched for each insured;
- Pollution Legal Liability coverage;
- Claims-made and Occurrence forms available in most cases;
- Deductibles can be tailored to individual risks.
- Kinsale Environmental Application with a complete Description of Operations, (Signed and dated by the Insured when bound);
- ACORD Applications required as appropriate, (Signed and dated by the Insured when bound);
- Five Year Summary of Losses; with a description provided for losses over $25,000;
- Website Information.
Patrick Dalton, Vice President
Ashlee B. Randall, Vice President
Brand Rodenberg, Senior Underwriter
Taylor Chakurda, Underwriter
Aileen Toomey, Associate Underwriter
- Professional Lines