Kinsale offers Stand-Alone Product Recall Coverage to assist manufacturers and distributors in a number of different industries. They include; cannabis, component parts, consumer goods, food & beverage, firearms, pharmaceuticals, and many other classes. Coverage can include both first-party recall expenses and third-party recall liability. Kinsale can tailor coverage to meet a risk’s unique underwriting characteristics, including prior recall history and hard-to-place risks. Finally, we offer unparalleled customer service to our brokers and insureds.
- Aircraft and Drone Parts;
- Blood and Tissue Banks;
- Consumer Electronics;
- Electronic Cigarettes and Tobacco;
- Firearms and Ammunition;
- Food Products;
- Pet Foods and Toys;
- Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals;
- Sports and Recreation Goods;
- Toys and Games.
- $1,000 – $250K/$500K;
- $2,500 – $1M/$2M.
- Claims-made with cut-off date Recall Liability and Recall Expense;
- Policy Limits up to $2M available on primary basis;
- 12, 24, and 36-month ERP options available;
- Deductible and participation percentage options available.
Available Coverage Enhancements:
- Optional Additional Coverage – Loss of Income due to Loss of Reputation with Optional Extra Brand Remediation Expenses;
- Optional Cyber Security Consultant Costs Endorsement for “smart” products and digitally connected medical devices;
- Optional Fair-Trade Recall Trigger Endorsement;
- Optional Pre-Recall Monitoring Expenses Endorsement;
- Optional Surgical Removal Costs Endorsement for implantable medical devices;
- Self-initiated recall and government-initiated recall triggers.
- Signed and dated Life Sciences Product Recall or General Product supplemental application;
- Five year currently valued company loss runs;
- Copies of the following:
- Any FDA, CPSC, or other government agency citations or recalls,
- Current Declarations Page for cut-off date continuity;
- Your product QA procedures and Recall plans,
- Website information or product catalog.
- Professional Lines